The purpose of this scheme is to provide support to enable successful applicants to work with a Partner based in an appropriate company/industry to move their research towards use or commercialisation.
Translational funding is available for projects up to a maximum of £85,000, that must be completed no later than 1 June 2022. This funding is for Directly Incurred (DI) Costs, and additional 20% of your budget can be requested as a contribution towards DA/Indirect Costs.
Eligibility: To be eligible for funding you must:
- be a researcher based at a Bloomsbury SET academic institution (London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, the Royal Veterinary College, and SOAS, University of London)
- have a potentially commercialisable project related to infectious disease, NTDs, or AMR, at a minimum Technology Readiness Level 3 (see guidance for TRL detail)
- be committed to progressing your project closer to commercialisation
- have the support of your institution’s technology transfer office, or equivalent appropriate team
The funding must be used to progress translational R & D at one of the member institutions listed above through one or more Technology Readiness Levels (TRLs) towards commercialisation (see guidance notes).
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Local research office contacts are:
- LSHTM: Alex Anderson
- LSTM: Sarah Roberts
- RVC: Emma Tomlinson or Ray Kent
- SOAS: Jessica Pavlos